The first registered and officially-recognised representative body of the Public Relations industry in Sri Lanka, the Public Relations Association of Sri Lanka (PRASL), is committed to giving a voice to the PR industry, and fostering professional excellence and innovation in the practice of Public Relations across the nation.
Established in 2023, the Association was founded by industry veterans and agency professionals, and is dedicated to promoting the highest professional standards, development of ethics, and providing networking opportunities for Public Relations practitioners.
Our mission is to elevate the standards of Public Relations practice in Sri Lanka by providing a platform for professionals to exchange ideas, share best practices, and continuously learn and grow in their careers. We strive to empower our members with the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to navigate the dynamic and ever-changing landscape of Public Relations and Communications.
• To give recognition and a voice to the practice of Public Relations (PR) and to enhance its influence.
• To foster the highest standards of Public Relations competence and practice, thereby furthering the cause of the PR industry in Sri Lanka.
• To promote the Association as a responsible organization bringing together and representing Public Relations practitioners island-wide.
• To develop and maintain an ethical, professional and valued PR Industry.
• To create networking opportunities for members.
• To provide a channel for the exchange of ideas and professional experience among those engaged in Public Relations practice.
• To undertake all such activities as are likely to be of benefit to the practice of Public Relations, the interest of its members and of the wider society.
The Public Relations Association of Sri Lanka was incorporated and formally recognised by the Registrar of Companies on 22 June 2023 with the approval of the Ministry of Trade.
This achievement was the result of one and a half years of dedicated effort by a group of industry veterans and agency professionals, who have come together as the Founder Members of PRASL. These visionary individuals include: